Manual Handling – Train the Trainer Course
City & Guilds Accredited Training Program
This 2 day (delivered on site), Manual Handling Train the Trainer course is practical and interactive. It will provide delegates with the presentation skills and practical knowledge to deliver effective manual handling training. As most people carry out some form of manual handling during their working day, training people how to lift and carry safely makes good business sense. It will also reduces accidents and ill health.
The course is aimed trainers, managers, supervisors and team leaders intending to carry out in-house mandatory manual handling training to their own workforce. It is suitable for industries such as manufacturing, office, construction, distribution, catering, logistics, driver CPC etc. as well as non-clinical healthcare. The course concentrates on the safe handling of materials and objects (rather than people).
Learners will gain the following competencies:
- Be able to run training sessions on manual handling with confidence.
- Answer commonly occurring questions.
- Understand how to motivate trainees and ensure the effectiveness of the training.
- Develop a working knowledge of the anatomy of the spine.
- Appreciate the impact on the spine of both good and bad handling techniques.
- Understand and be able to explain safe handling to trainees in a logical and memorable manner.
- Understand and explain the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- Carry out manual handling risk assessments competently.
Course Assessment includes*:
- Practical demonstrations
- Completion of manual handling risk assessment
- 10 minute micro teach session
- Multiple choice test paper
*Delegates should have a good grasp of English and be literate. Previous manual handling training experience is preferred. New trainers must be confident to stand up and speak in front of a group. Delegates must be fit enough to carry out simple lifting tasks at different heights as it is a key part of the course.
Course Instructor Pack contains:
- Comprehensive course manual
- Lesson plan for suggested courses
- Suggested course presentation, video clips, manual handling guidance, test paper, practical assessment sheet and risk assessment form.
To enquire about this course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 298 1040 or complete the contact form