Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’ – and this course covers exactly that and much more. Following on from level 1, health and safety level 2 training covers a broader knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
Employees also have responsibilities under health and safety law to:
- take care of their own health and safety and that of others
- co-operate with you to help you comply with health and safety legislation
- follow any instructions or health and safety training you provide
- tell you about any work situations that present a serious and imminent risk
- let you know about any other failings they identify in your health and safety arrangements
Read more at hse.gov.uk
Training your staff to health and safety level 2 will give them the skills and knowledge to cooperate with the company’s values and targets with regard to health and safety. Staff will be able to state the consequences of poor health and safety practices and the benefits of good practices. They will have good knowledge of the following topics and be able to demonstrate a wider knowledge of good health and safety practices.
Health and Safety Level 2 – Course Content
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
Course Length – 8 hours delivered in one day or 12 hours delivered over two days*
Group Cost for 1 day course – £375.00* (max 12)
Group cost for 2 day course – £595* (max 12) – recommended for high risk environments
Includes relevant workbook and certificate of training
To discuss and arrange this training, call 0161 298 1040 or complete the contact form.