This Catering Health and Safety in Food premises training course for kitchens is essential training for the whole team.
Hotel and restaurant kitchens are usually hot, busy and very demanding environments. Gas, naked flames, hot surfaces, heavy objects, slippery floors and many more risks are present in commercial kitchens. This essential course covers all the above risks and gets the whole team hazard spotting. Getting the whole team involved results in less accidents and injuries. Your teams will be able to work safely in the kitchen environment, meaning less down time through absence and sickness. Suitable for all catering staff, from chefs to porters, from waiting staff to supervisors.
By the end of the course, staff will:
- Understand the principles of health and safety in their workplace
- Act positively to prevent accidents and incidents in the kitchen
- Identify the hazards and main causes of harm to their colleagues
- Understand the importance of following systems and procedures
- Identify ways to promote health and safety in the kitchen environment
Health and Safety in the Kitchen – Course Content[list style=”check”]
- Principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Risks and injuries associated with working in kitchens
- Hazards to workers (manual handling, slips, trips, falls, hot substances, COSHH, machinery etc.)
- Safe systems of work and best practices
- Operating and cleaning kitchen equipment safely
- Practical activities on site – (COVID-19 restrictions permitting)
The course can be delivered in one day, or over two sessions to suit your business.
There will be a test at the end of the course consisting of 15 multiple choice questions. All successful candidates receive a certificate of training and a copy of a Essential Health and Safely in Food Premises handbook.
Course Length – 6 hours* up to 12 people
Cost – £425.00*
To discuss and arrange this training, call 0161 298 1040 or complete the contact form
*For full terms and conditions, click here