The Food Allergen Awareness Level 2 training is essential for the whole team.
It will give them the knowledge and competence to be able to prepare and serve food that is safe to eat. Since October 2021, Natasha’s Law has been in force to protect allergy sufferers and give them confidence in the food they buy.
Training your team in food allergen awareness could make the difference between life, death or serious illness for your customers. Every year there are 4,500 hospital admissions and around 10 deaths from food allergy. Allergen information Law (The Food Information Regulations 2014) dictates the way you give information on 14 allergens, if they’re included in the food you sell.
Benefits for employers
- Improved skills and knowledge of workforce
- Develop and maintain best practice
- Reduced risk of causing illness or death
- Ensure compliance
- Trusted business
Level 2 Food Allergen Awareness – Course Content
- Products and substances likely to cause harm
- Cause and symptoms of food allergy and intolerance
- Information for consumers
- Cross-contamination points
- Finding and recording information
- Dealing with consumers
- Maintaining allergen awareness
There will be a test at the end of the course consisting of 20 multiple choice questions – which has a pass rate of 14 or more. A Certificate of Training and a copy of The Food Safety Handbook will be issued on completion of the course.
Course Length – 6 hours plus breaks
Cost £425.00 for up to 6 people
To discuss and arrange this training call 0161 298 1040 or complete the contact form.
If you prefer your team to take an online version of this course, take a free trial now.
*For full terms and conditions, click here