This fire marshal / fire warden training course is suitable for those given extra responsibility for fire safety in their workplace. It provides enough knowledge and understanding to be able to carry out their duties with confidence. The course is delivered in the workplace so that real situations can be discussed.
Whilst everyone in the organisation shares the responsibility for fire safety, a fire risk assessment may recommend that fire marshals are also required. Fire marshals play an important role within any organisation. They support both the employer and employee in maintaining fire safety. They’re actions may save lives in an emergency.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Identify fire hazards in their workplace
- Report potential hazards to the responsible person
- Assist in the fire risk assessment process
- Know what to do in the event of a fire
- Ensure that everyone is evacuated swiftly in an emergency
- Carry out regular checks on fire safety provisions
- Ensure that escape routes are unobstructed for safe evacuation
- Advice colleagues on fire safety procedures
- Legal obligations
- Types of fires
- Fire prevention measures
- Evacuation procedures
- Fire marshal/ fire warden duties
- Action when fire occurs
- Liaising with the fire service
- Fire drills and practice
A multiple choice test must be completed at the end of the course. Certificates of attendance will be issued on completion of the course.
Course Length – 3 hours*
Cost – £325.00*
To discuss and arrange this training, call 0161 298 1040 or complete the contact form
*For full terms and conditions, click here