This fire marshal / fire warden training course is suitable for those given extra responsibility for fire safety in their workplace. It provides enough knowledge and understanding to be able to carry out their duties with confidence. The course is delivered in the workplace so that real situations can be discussed.
Whilst everyone in the organisation shares the responsibility for fire safety, a fire risk assessment may recommend that fire marshals are also required. Fire marshals play an important role within any organisation. They support both the employer and employee in maintaining fire safety. They’re actions may save lives in an emergency.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Identify fire hazards in their workplace
- Report potential hazards to the responsible person
- Assist in the fire risk assessment process
- Know what to do in the event of a fire
- Ensure that everyone is evacuated swiftly in an emergency
- Carry out regular checks on fire safety provisions
- Ensure that escape routes are unobstructed for safe evacuation
- Advice colleagues on fire safety procedures
- Legal obligations
- Types of fires
- Fire prevention measures
- Site specific evacuation procedures
- Fire marshal/ fire warden duties
- Action when fire occurs
- Fire extinguisher practice
- Liaising with the fire service
- Fire drills and practice
There will be a test at the end of the course consisting of 20 multiple choice questions – which has a pass rate of 14 or more. A Certificate of Training and a copy of The Fire Safety Handbook will be issued on completion of the course.
Course Length – 4 hours including a break
Cost – £375.00 for up to 12 people
To discuss and arrange this training, call 0161 298 1040 or complete the contact form.
If you prefer your team to take an online version of this course, take a free trial now.
*For full terms and conditions, click here