Date(s) - 17/02/2015 - 19/02/2015
09:00 - 16:30
The CIEH Supervising Food Safety Catering level 3 award is relevant to all catering operations – pubs, hotels, restaurants, travel, contract catering, fast-food outlets, hospitals, care and nursing homes, schools, prisons and the armed forces.
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital that supervisors are equipped with the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
The knowledge learned from this course will give managers and supervisors the confidence, competence and skills to be able to work within the Food Safety law in a proactive way.
Supervising Food Safety Catering Level 3 – Course Content
- Terminology used in respect to supervising food safety procedures
- Supervisor’s role in ensuring compliance with UK and European food safety legislation
- Concept of contamination and the risks it imposes on food safety
- Role temperature plays in the control of food safety
- Importance of good workplace and equipment design to ensure food safety
- Importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
- Importance of good pest control practice
- Need for high standards of personal hygiene
- Importance of being able to contribute to staff training
- Principles of the HACCP system and how a supervisor can contribute to the implementation of a food safety management system
- Function of tools, such as Safer Food, Better Business, in implementing a food safety management system
There will be an examination at the end of the course consisting of 60 multiple choice questions –Candidates who achieve 40–50 correct answers will pass the examination and receive a pass certificate. Those who achieve more than 50 correct answers will receive a merit certificate. All successful candidates receive a qualification and certificate which is valid for 3 years and a copy of Food Safety for Supervisors.
It is recommended that candidates have a level 2 food safety catering qualification prior to attending.
Experienced and professional trainer
Fun, friendly and interactive training
Spacious training room
Close to rail and bus links
Water available all day
Course Length – 21 hours, over 3 days
Cost £275.00 per person, including examination, certificate and course book
For more information about the above courses click on the course title to see full details.
Call Michelle now on 0161 298 1040 to book your own dates and I will come to you.